Born in the Texas Hill Country, KT Musselman was raised with public service and concern for others as core values. A proud Longhorn, KT completed a degree in Government from the University of Texas at Austin in 2006.
Over the years, KT has worked on campaigns from the U.S. Senate to Constable, as well as passing local bonds to improve healthcare, transit, and education in Austin, Travis County, and other Central Texas jurisdictions. KT brings a mindset to his political work that by listening, organizing, and changing the nature of the electorate, we can elect public servants who will fight for all of their constituents, not just the privileged or vocal few. He has also worked for county elected officials and officeholders and knows that making our government more proactive and responsive to the needs of the community is paramount.
KT has served the community by sitting on the Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan Task Force and the 2018 Austin Charter Review Commission. An Eagle Scout and Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow, KT lives in Northwest Austin with his cat Loki. In his downtime KT enjoys hiking, trains and transit systems.
Notice: As of January 1,2022 the new civil filing fee is $54 plus any service fees if needed. View a List of Service Fees (PDF).
Precinct Boundary Change Affecting Evictions
Please be aware, a new county precinct map has been adopted which will affect which precinct evictions should be filed in. This map went into effect January 1, 2022. The new map may be viewed at the Redistricting Census Information page. Please enter your property address in the search bar at the top right of the page to verify your precinct. The map has a redistricting bar that can be moved left or right to show the current county precincts versus the new adopted county precincts. By dragging the bar, you can switch between the current precinct map and the newly adopted map.
Please verify your precinct before filing an eviction after January 1, 2022.
To ensure social distancing and to limit the number of people in our office at the same time, please utilize one of the following methods to communicate with our office.
- Phone: Our staff is available to the public during regular business hours by calling 512-244-8622. Please make sure to follow the prompts choosing the option best suited for your needs. Due to the high volume of calls, if a clerk is not available, please leave a detailed message with your number and you will be called back within 24 hours.
- Email: If you have questions for the court, please email the Precinct One office. We will respond to your requests within 24 to 48 hours. In your email, please include your full name and driver's license number or citation number to ensure we give you the correct information.
- Drop Box: The public may use the drop box located at the left (north) corner of building marked JP1 in red located at 1801 E Old Settler's Boulevard, Round Rock, TX for payments, pleas, and other documents.
- Mail: You can send your documents, payments (no cash), and pleas to: Justice Court Precinct 1, 1801 E Old Settlers Boulevard, Suite 100, Round Rock, TX 78664.
- Pay Online: Pay your citation in full
- Note: Requests to take a Defensive Driving Course in order to have a ticket dismissed, must be made by mail or in person. Payments made online will negate your opportunity to have the case dismissed.
Petitions, Answers & Other Civil Documents
Petitions, answers, and other civil documents can be filed using E-File or in person. Please refer to Efile Texas Courts for more information on filing online.
If a no-contact option is preferred, you can mail your documents, payments, and pleas to us at 1801 E Old Settlers Boulevard, Suite 100, Round Rock, TX 78664.
In addition to the health and physical well-being of so many people, finances are another area that has been dramatically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. If you need financial assistance, the Tenant Assitance programs offer some resources that may able to help with rent, utilities and food:
Holiday Office Closures
The office observes the Williamson County holiday schedule and will be closed on the following dates:
|Holiday||Day(s) of the Week||Date|
|Veteran's Day||Friday||November 10, 2023|
|December 25, 2023|
December 26, 2023
New Year's Holiday
January 1, 2024
Martin Luther King Day
January 15, 2024
February 19, 2024
March 29, 2024
May 27, 2024
|Emancipation Day||Wednesday||June 19, 2024|
July 4, 2024
September 2, 2024