Do I need a building permit?

You will need to contact the Williamson Road & Bridge Division for a Certification of Compliance or apply online at MyGovernment Online website. This permit verifies if the property is in a flood plain. You will not need anything from the Road & Bridge Department, unless you are putting in a driveway (see Culvert / Driveway Policy (PDF)). If the property is in a city or city ETJ, you should check with that city. Note that other agencies may require permitting including, but not limited to, cities (within their ETJ), Emergency Services Districts, TCEQ, the Williamson County and Cities Health District, etc. Please consult with the appropriate agencies.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a building permit?
2. What are the zoning regulations in Williamson County?
3. How do I get a copy of County development regulations and policies?
4. When am I required to plat?
5. What do I need for a permit for sewage facilities?
6. Does Williamson County issue a certificate of occupancy?
7. How do I know if a property is in a floodplain?
8. How do I contact the County Engineer's office?
9. How do I get a new address for my house?
10. How do I get my subdivision maintained by the county?