October 10, 2023
The Commissioners Court of Williamson County, Texas will consider the approval of a tax abatement agreement for business personal property with Samsung Austin Semiconductor, LLC at its regularly scheduled Commissioners Court meeting on Tuesday, the 10th day of October, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. in the Commissioners Courtroom, 710 Main Street, in Georgetown, Texas 78626.
- The name of the applicant and property owner for tax abatement is Samsung Austin
- The name of the Reinvestment Zone in which the property subject to the agreement is located is "City of Taylor, Texas Reinvestment Zone No. 9.
- The location of the City of Taylor, Texas Reinvestment Zone No. 9 is depicted and described in Exhibit "A" attached hereto and incorporated herein.
- A general description of the nature of the improvements included in the tax abatement agreement follows: one or more improvements consisting of: (i) buildings housing one or more 300-millimeter semiconductor wafer (or successor technology) manufacturing plants; (ii) other buildings and ancillary facilities supporting the operation of the plants, and (iii) such additional related improvements, including, but not limited to, required parking, landscaping and all other improvements.
- The estimated cost of the improvements described above, inclusive of tangible personal property (such as machinery and equipment), is in excess of $17 billion dollars.
- The proposed Tax Abatement Agreement will be considered along with an Amended and Restated Chapter 3 81 Economic Development Program and Agreement. Collectively, they provide an abatement with respect to business personal property only, and grants with respect to real property improvements.
View the rest of the Notice
Notice of consideration of Approval of Tax Abatement Agreement Provided Pursusant to Texas Tax Code Section 312.402 and 312.207
Tuesday, October 10, 2023