White Stone, crossroads community at State Highway 183 and FM Road 1431, so-named for the cluster of quarries and the color of the stone found there. Several businesses operated in the downtown section in the mid-twentieth century and the town had an Assembly of God Church. White Stone School built of white rock was erected in 1923. "Old Cedar Park" and "Old New Hope" schools had consolidated to form the new White Stone School. It consolidated with Leander in 1954. (Sometimes written Whitestone.)
Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sunday Publishers, 1973, Fifth printing, 1998).
Photo caption: White Stone Quarried in the Area - Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell September 2018