Type

Yegua Creek Free Evangelical Church at Type Cemetery Type, a rural school southeast of Coupland, apparently established after 1900, and a crossroads community about a mile north of the school, settled in the early 1900s by a number of Swedish families who organized a Swedish Evangelical Church there in 1908. Charter members were Peter Nygaard, Mr. and Mrs. Victor Carlson, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Jacobson, Mr. and Mrs. Louis Nelson, Mr. and Mrs. John Sunvison, Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Jacobson and Mr. and Mrs. August Nyman. School consolidated with Coupland, 1945.

Bibliography

Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sunday Publishers, 1973, Fifth printing, 1998).

Photo caption: Yegua Creek Free Evangelical Church at Type Cemetery - Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell April 2017