Thorndale

Site of Gano Community Thorndale, now in Milam County; at one time a portion of the community apparently was in Williamson, first called Everett. Three postmasters were assigned to Thorndale when the town was listed by postal authorities in Williamson County: Miscipsia A. O. Moore (April 18, 1878), J.B. James (1879), James K. Quinn (1879); Thorndale was listed "now in Milam Co." with the appointment of L. W Caruthers on June 14, 1880.

Bibliography

Clara Stearns Scarbrough, Land of Good Water: A Williamson County History (Georgetown, Texas: Williamson County Sunday Publishers, 1973, Fifth printing, 1998).

Photo caption: Site of Gano Community SW of Thorndale - Photo Courtesy Nancy Bell March 2017

Note: Cemeteries and Historical Markers listed in Thorndale are west of the town Thorndale; therefore, located in Williamson County.