Southwest Taylor Improvements
Location: Southwest Taylor between FM 3349 and FM 973 and FM 1660 to U.S. 79
Description: The Southwest Taylor Improvements include projects located near the new Samsung factory and are part of the County's Long-Range Transportation Plan, which is intended to plan for current and future growth by maintaining a high level of safety, mobility, and quality of life for residents and communities.
- CR 401 Reconstruction and Extension - This project will tie CR 401 into U.S. 79 and expand the existing two-lane CR 401 to a four-lane roadway to provide more capacity for vehicles to safely travel in the area. The project also includes plans for installing a traffic signal at the intersection.
- CR 404 and FM 973 Improvement Project - This project includes work at the intersection of FM 973 and CR 404 which will widen both roads to be three lanes; one lane in each direction with a center turn lane. The project also includes plans for installing a traffic signal at the intersection when traffic warrants.
- Samsung Highway - This project will construct a four-lane road to reduce curves on CR 404 and increase safety. The roadway will connect FM 3349 to FM 973. The interim roadway will be completed in segments. Segment 1 will connect CR 404 to FM 973 and Segment 2 will connect FM 3349 to CR 404.
- CR 401 Reconstruction and Extension - James Construction has been contracted for this project. Construction began in May 2022 and is expected to finish in summer 2023.
- CR 404 and FM 973 Improvement Project - Jordan Foster has been contracted for this project. Construction began in January 2023 and is expected to finish in summer 2023.
- Samsung Highway Segment 1 between CR 404 to FM 973 - Chasco has been contracted for this project. Construction began summer 2022 and is expected to finish in fall 2023
- Samsung Highway Segment 2 between FM 3349 to CR 404 - Capitol Excavation has been contracted for this project. Construction is expected to begin in spring 2023 and finish in summer 2024.
- For information on the Southeast Loop, visit the project page.
- FM 973 Signal at Taylor High School - HNTB is the design engineer on this project. Construction is expected to begin when signal warrants are met, and future funding becomes available.
Contact: Email the Roads Department or phone 512-943-1195