"You were born with the ability to change someone's life. Don't ever waste it."
"Unconditional love is as close as your nearest shelter."
"You can't change an animal's past, but you could rewrite their future."
Our Volunteer Program is vital to our life-saving mission. Your help is welcome! Volunteers are needed to walk/socialize dogs, socialize cats, clean, work offsite events, do laundry and/or administrative tasks, help with photography and video of shelter animals, foster, and much more!
To start the online volunteer process, each volunteer will need to complete the following steps:
- Create an online account.
- Read and pass the online orientation.
- Make a small donation to the shelter to fund our volunteer program.
- Complete and submit your background check form and liability form.
- Review the Volunteer Handbook.
- Sign up for a tour.
- Note: You must complete the background check, liability form, and donation prior to signing up for a tour. Failure to do so could result in being rescheduled.
More information will be given throughout the volunteer onboarding process. Depending on schedules, it can take up to 2 to 4 weeks to complete the whole onboarding process and training before you can handle animals.
- Active Volunteers can log into their accounts and sign up for shifts.
- New volunteers needing their tour and animal handling class can sign up on the onboarding page.
You must be at least 12 years old to become a volunteer, and all volunteers age 12 to 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while at the shelter.
Both the adult and child must be volunteers of the shelter and team-volunteer together.
For court-appointed community service, details can be found on our Court Ordered Community Service page.