The Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter is the only shelter solely devoted to the lost and abandoned animals of Round Rock, Cedar Park, Hutto, Leander, and Williamson County.
Our Mission is to provide a safe haven, with compassionate and humane treatment, for the lost and unwanted pets in our jurisdiction.
It is our vision to save every healthy and behaviorally sound companion animal; to save all dogs and cats that can be medically treated and behaviorally rehabilitated and who do not pose a public health and safety risk.
The goals in creating a regional animal shelter include:
- To treat each animal as an individual;
- To empower the community to be actively involved in life-saving efforts by donating, fostering, volunteering, and adopting;
- To use all necessary resources to assure a live outcome whenever possible;
- To alleviate the pain or suffering, medically or behaviorally, of animals;
- To protect the health and welfare of the community from zoonotic diseases or animals that pose a safety risk;
- To operate with transparency and honesty;
- To be advocates for the animals and a resource for the community;
- To be cognizant of the operational costs and operate within the budget.
- Our Save Rate is determined by "noses in/noses out." We account for every animal that comes into our care. We do not adjust our numbers based on an animal's "adoptability." Each animal we receive is named, cared for, and given the best outcome we can give.
- We determine our Save Rate by subtracting the non-live outcomes from the total intakes and dividing that number by the total intakes.
- Our high Save Rate is completely based on Community Support. Together, with the community taking an active role in the shelter, we can save more lives.
1855 SE Inner Loop
Georgetown, TX 78626
1855 SE Inner Loop Georgetown TX 78626
12 pm to 6 pm Daily
(excluding some holidays)
To reduce your wait time, appointments are recommended.
Email our Adoption Staff to schedule appointments..
Administrative & Management Staff Hours
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm
Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter
Alexis FineOperations Manager
Linda GunterAdministration Manager
Shyah JohnsonAnimal Care Supervisor
Desirey O'KaneAnimal Services Supervisor
April PeifferCommunity Programs Coordinator (Marketing/Media, Fundraising, and Rescue Group Contact)
Misty ValentaAnimal Services Director
Ashley VargasFoster/Volunteer Supervisor